Each week, the girls over at The Broke and the Bookish think up a fun theme for the week and participating bloggers around the net join in. The theme for this week is:
Top Ten Books that I would love to see as a Movie/TV Show(in a perfect world where books aren’t slaughtered)
1. Incarnate series by Jodi Meadows. I. Need. Sam. Lots and LOTS of Sam.
2. Everneath series by Brodi Ashton. More Greek mythology is ALWAYS a win.
3. Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer. A movie has been rumoured for years. I need this to become a reality. I LOVE Holly and Artemis!
4. The Tudor Court series by Philippa Gregory. I act like The Other Boleyn Girl isn’t based on a book. Otherwise I get really, really, REALLY upset. I would love to see this done like The Cousins’ War has been.
5. New Jedi Order series by various. Star Wars VII, VIII, and IX should totally pull from these or they should get their own glory. Yes, yes.
6. Pete the Cat by James Dean. Yes, I think this would be an ADORABLE kids’ series. My kiddos LOVE Pete. Already planning my son’s next birthday party to be Pete since he loves it so much. Lots of Pete Christmas presents too. We love Pete!
7. For Freedom: The Story of a French Spy by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley. I think this would be great!
8. Legend by Marie Lu. I think this could be great done by the right people and not slaughtered like some books are. Oh, Day. (:
9. Blue Bloods series by Melissa de la Cruz. I’ll admit. When I found out a series called Blue Bloods was coming to TV I flipped out. I was SO excited that THIS was coming to TV. Then I found out it was about cops. I was disappointed. I like the show, but it’s not was I was hoping for. I would LOVE to see this come to the screen (big or small!)
10. Revenants series by Amy Plum. Like I need Sam, I NEED Jules. NEED him.
I’m sure I could come up with a million more, but these are the ones that came to mind first. Did any of my selections make your list? What’s on your list? Feel free to leave a link! I’d love to read them!