Each week, the girls over at The Broke and the Bookish think up a fun theme for the week and participating bloggers around the net join in. The theme for this week is:
Top Ten Best Sequels Ever
in no particular order. affiliate links used
1. Asunder by Jodi Meadows. Oh wow. She keeps it amped up! I can’t wait to see where Infinite will take us!
2. Prodigy: A Legend Novel by Marie Lu. Legend was fantastic. Lu definitely did not suffer from the sophomore slump with this sequel!
3. Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices) by Cassandra Clare. This was a perfect ending to The Infernal Devices series. I would like to see more of Jem and Tessa though!
4. Gates of Paradise (A Blue Bloods Novel) by Melissa de la Cruz. Way to rip my heart out and stomp on it. I love Jack. I love Jack and Sky together. Beautiful ending of this cycle of Blue Bloods!
5. Shades of Earth: An Across the Universe Novel by Beth Revis. Holy plot twist. Once I finished A Million Suns, I HAD to jump right into the finale. This was so fantastic. I was speechless at the end.
6. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) by JK Rowling. This finale. The journey. Growing up, eagerly anticipating midnight releases. My childhood ended with this spectacular sequel. How could it NOT be on my list?
7. Die for Her (A Die for Me) by Amy Plum. This. Oh, Jules. This was a perfect insight into Jules’ view of this world. It made me fall in love with Jules even more and pine for him in his absence in If I Should Die.
8. Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles, Book 2) by Marissa Meyer. Worth. The. Hype. True enough I didn’t get to fully enjoy the ending because the kiddos kept distracting me, but this was a great sequel which made me crazy for Cress.
What’s on your list? Is anything from mine on yours? Feel free to share! I can’t wait to see them!