Each week, the girls over at The Broke and the Bookish think up a fun theme for the week and participating bloggers around the net join in. The theme for this week is:
Top Ten Best/Worst Series Endings
I was going to try to split it evenly or cleanly do a whole list of one, but I just stopped at ten. Seven best and three worst!
1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling. Yes, this is NUMBER ONE on my list. It was just perfect. Yes, I still have unanswered questions about others in the universe, but as far as Harry and company, this tied things up neatly.
2. If I Should Die by Amy Plum. Other than severely lacking in the Jules department, this was a fantastic ending to the series. And I totally called the ending. Yup.
3. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare. Oh. Wow. This was just. I can’t even. Yeah… just go read it!
4. Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien. Obviously. If it needs explanations, go read it.
5. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. I know this one is polarising. You either loved it or hated it. Things could’ve gone differently, but I think this was a nice way to draw in the madness.
6. Gates of Paradise by Melissa de la Cruz. This was just amazing. It’s been an emotional roller coaster ride. It broke my heart that it ended though!
7. Shades of Earth by Beth Revis. Oh wow! The plot twists and everything. This was incredible!
WORST OFFENDERS EVER:
8. Dangerous Girls by RL Stine. Really?! You just crap out on book two?! Where’s the rest?!
9. Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer. Sorry. I’m not a fan of perfect happily ever afters that please everyone.
10. Twitches by Randi Reisfeld and HB Gilmour. WTC happened to this series? If that’s an ending there are a TON of loose ends that need to be tied up. Lame.
What do you think about my list? Anything on my list that makes it on yours? Leave me your TTT link and I’ll come check yours out!