Each week, the girls over at The Broke and the Bookish think up a fun theme for the week and participating bloggers around the net join in. The theme for this week is:
Top Ten Books Set Outside the US
I decided to go with actual locations other than fantastical realms for this week.
- Die for Me by Amy Plum. Oh, Paris. I love you.
2. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. This book only strengthened by desire to visit Prague!
3. My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows. Historical (fantasy) England, but England nonetheless!
4. Blue Bloods series by Melissa de la Cruz. Various locations around Europe, South America, and even Tartarus.
5. The Falconer trilogy by Elizabeth May. Victorian Scotland!
6. Harry Potter series by JK Rowling. England and Scotland (with visitors from other nations too)
7. Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer. Ireland, England, Russia, and some other locations too!
8. Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. Scotland and France!
9. His Fair Assassin trilogy by Robin LaFevers. Duchy of Brittany and France.
10. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. Beijing, France, Africa, the Moon.
Where have books taken you?